No matter what social network you flick through now, you’re bound to see a number of videos pop up on your home feed. When compared to last year, it’s amazing how much statistics and trends can really change. Over the last 12 months almost every major social network, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram have increased the prominence and importance of visual content.
Here are some stats we found from http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/visual-content-marketing-strategy
- Last year the amount of video from people and brands in Facebook's News feed increased 3.6X year-over-year.
- Visual content is a key component in each of the top 5 most effective B2B marketing tactics.
- B2C marketers are more likely to use original videos (63% B2C vs. 56% B2B) and original visual assets (63% B2C vs. 56% B2B).
- Social Media Examiner recently asked marketers which forms of content they most want to learn about in 2015. Creating original visual assets took first place, followed by producing original videos.
- In 2014 the use of video content for B2B marketing increased by 8% to 58%, while the use of infographics topped the adoption list increasing in usage by 9% to 52%.
With Facebook and now Twitter introducing the auto-play feature, it makes it easier for brands to get their videos seen! As the social world is always growing fast and now the likes of popular networks - Instagram and Snapchat allow videos, the possibilities are endless and you’re really missing out if you’re not uploading videos to social media!
If you’d like to talk to us about increasing your online audience through social media, please contact us.