we are hiring
£18k - £22k pa | Gateshead | Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding and ambitious web development company with clients across UK and Europe. We are made up of the best Strategic Digital Marketers in the region, a team of specialist PhP Developers, Media Designers and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Social Media Optimisation (SMO) and Web Analytics team.
As the Web Designer you will be required to work in conjunction with the Creative Director creating new responsive web designs, e-commerce web developments and maintaining / updating current client websites.
- You will work closely with the lead designer, supporting projects and completing work as required.
- You will need to successfully incorporate web aesthetics as well as usability.
- You will be required to work across a broad range of projects and technical disciplines.
- You may on occasion be required to visit their head office in Newton Aycliffe.
- You may on occasion be required to carry out other duties, as are within your capabilities and level of responsibility, in order to meet the needs of the business.
What they are looking for:
- An enthusiastic, energetic and confident designer, who has a broad range of skills and a willingness to learn, along with a thirst for knowledge in the internet marketing arena.
- The ability to understand key web design marketing techniques.
- A good eye for design and attention to detail.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines while being self-motivated and a team player.
- A passion for new technologies, social media and marketing.
- Must be a UK resident or work permit holder.
Essential - you will have an understanding of these technologies & disciplines:
- HTML / CSS
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Educated to degree level.
- Social Media
- New technologies
- Web design
- An understanding of SEO, Paid Search and Social Media.
- PhP Storm
- Full Clean Driving License
Additional info & benefits:
Salary negotiable dependant on skills
The hours for the job are Monday to Friday from 8am to 4.00pm. There will be the option of flexitime in the future.
We offer a HeathShield benefit scheme and pension scheme.
Strictly no agencies please!